Today Current Affairs 10 January 2020 in English PDF – Download Daily, Monthly & Yearly Current Affairs in PDF for preparation of Banking Exams, SSC Exams, Railway, UPSC, IAS/PCS , RAS Exams And Other Competitive Exams.
Today Current Affairs 10 January 2020 in English PDF
Chadar trek in full swing in Ladakh
The world famous Chadar trek, a trekking on ice sheets on the frozen Zanskar river is in full swing in Ladakh.
- A total of 84 trekkers including 16 female trekkers come from different parts of the country have left Leh town to conduct trek on the ice after they have been declared medically fit during the mandatory medical check-up at Tourists Reception Centre, Leh.
- The intending trekkers have to undergo mandatory fitness check-up on the third day of their arrival at Leh.
- Chadar Trek is one of popular trekking on high altitude in sub-zero temperatures for adventure lovers to experience the thrill and endurance trekking on the frozen river and camping at cave camp in sub-zero temperature.
India Declared 5th Biggest Geopolitical Risk Of 2020
India under Narendra Modi is the fifth biggest geopolitical risk of 2020, said Eurasia Group, world’s leading political risk consultancy.
- Eurasia’s annual ‘Top 10 Risks’ of the year list is considered one of the foremost geopolitical indicators among global investors, multinational firms and various financial and business consultancies.
- The list that is topped by elections in the US and followed by events and developments like the US-China technology tug of war on 5G as well as the trade war between Beijing and Washington.
International Naval event ‘MILAN 2020’ in Visakhapatnam in March
Visakhapatnam is gearing up to host another International Naval event ‘MILAN’ in March 2020.
- MILAN 2020 is a multilateral naval exercise aimed to enhance professional interaction between friendly foreign navies and learn from each other’s strengths and best practices in the maritime domain.
- The Exercise with the theme ‘Synergy Across the Seas’ would provide an excellent opportunity for Operational Commanders of friendly foreign navies to interact with each other in areas of mutual interest.
- Of the 41 navies invited, confirmation from over 30 navies have been received towards their participation in MILAN 2020.
Census India-2021 to begin on 1st April
Census India-2021 will begin on 1st of April this year and will end on 30th of September.
- Census India-2021 will be conducted through a mobile phone application, moving away from the traditional pen and paper.
- Enumerators of the census will seek the information of mobile number of the head of the family, information related to toilets, TV, Internet, vehicles owned, source of drinking water besides asking other questions during the house listing phase of the exercise.
‘Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020’ to be held on 20th Jan
The third edition of Prime Minister’s Interaction with school students, “Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020”, will be held at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi on 20th of this month.
- Over 2000 students, parents and teachers will be participating from all over India in this event.
- The Human Resource Development Ministry in partnership with MyGov last month launched a ‘short essay’ competition for students of classes 9 to 12 for the third edition of Prime Minister’s Interaction with school students.
- The themes given this time for PPC 2020 are ‘Gratitude is Great’, ‘Your future depends on your aspirations’, ‘Examining Exams’, ‘Our duties, you take’ and ‘Balance is Beneficial’.
- The first edition of Pariksha Pe Charcha was held on 16th February, 2018 and second on 29th of January last year.
Kerala: Alert issued against H1N1 in Kozhikode
The Kerala State Health department had issued in connection with confirmation of H1N1 infection in Kozhikode district.
- The blood sample report from Manipal Virology lab confirmed H1N1 infection in around 5 people including teachers and students of Mukham Anayankunnu higher secondary school in Karashery Panchayat in Kozhikode.
- The authorities had informed that the situation is under control and there is no need to panic.
Points to Remember
- Swine flu is caused by the H1N1 virus strain, which started in pigs.
- In June 2009, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the new strain of swine-origin H1N1 as a pandemic.
- This strain is often called swine flu by the public media
Budget to be presented on Feb 1; Economic Survey on Jan 31
Union Budget will be presented on 1st of next month and the Economic Survey on 31st January.
- The Budget Session of Parliament will begin on the 31st of this month.
- The first Union budget of independent India was presented by R. K. Shanmukham Chetty on 26 November 1947.
- Until 2016, the budget of the Indian Railways was presented separately to Parliament and dealt with separately.
RBI amends KYC norms, allows banks to use V-CIP
The RBI has amended the KYC norms allowing banks and other lending institutions regulated by it to use Video based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP).
- It will help them onboard customers remotely.
- The Reserve Bank said it decided to permit video based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP) as a consent based alternate method of establishing the customer’s identity.
- The RBI further said that the regulated entities will have to ensure that the video recording is stored in a safe and secure manner and bears the date and time stamp.
- It also said that Live location of the customer (Geotagging) shall be captured to ensure that the customer is physically present in India.
Jasbinder Bilan wins UK children’s book award
India-born author Jasbinder Bilan has bagged a coveted UK children’s book award for her debut novel.
- Her novel, ‘Asha and the Spirit Bird’, aimed at readers aged nine years and above, beat competition from three other shortlisted books to be named the winner of the 2019 Costa Children’s Award this week.
- Bilan will receive 5,000 pounds as the winner of the award.
- The award is open to authors resident in the UK and Ireland and presented annually across five categories of First Novel, Novel, Biography, Poetry and Children’s Book.
3rd Khelo India games begins at Guwahati in Assam
The stage has been set for the grand inauguration of the third Khelo India youth games at Guwahati in Assam.
- The opening ceremony of the event was held at Sarusajai stadium in Guwahati.
- Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal, Union Sports minister Kiren Rijjju and several star players graced the opening ceremony.
- Cycling and Lawn Bowls are the new additional games of this year’s event.
If you like this post, then do not forget to share it with Facebook, WhatsApp on your friends. To get the new post notifications first, subscribe to our website by pressing the red colored icon. Website subscription is absolutely free. If you subscribe to our website then you will receive the first post information on your phone and your computer first. So now no longer be able to subscribe to our website by pressing on the Bell icon. Must also like our facebook page.
All PDF which are provided here are for Education purposes only. Please utilize them for building your knowledge and don’t make them Commercial. We request you to respect our Hard Work. We are Providing Everything Free Here. sarkariguides.com Will Not Charge Any Cost For Any Service Here.
If you are new to UPSC field, We recommend you to know about UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains and UPSC Optionals and Test Series [Prelims/Mains] and also Magazine for better Understanding. All our Advertisements are Decent ads [we don’t compromise in the Quality] and if anyone have any problem with website or advertisements please contact me email@example.com
Sarkariguides.com does not own this book, neither created nor scanned. we just providing the links already available on Internet. if any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly contact us. Thank you.