Today Current Affairs 11 January 2020 in English PDF – Download Daily, Monthly & Yearly Current Affairs in PDF for preparation of Banking Exams, SSC Exams, Railway, UPSC, IAS/PCS , RAS Exams And Other Competitive Exams.
Today Current Affairs 11 January 2020 in English PDF
Israel unveils revolutionary laser-based air defense system
Israeli Ministry of Defense announced that it has successfully developed a laser-based air defense system.
- The system is meant to intercept aerial threats ranging from as mortar fire, drones, medium range Grad rockets, anti-tank missiles as well as long-range missiles, currently at the disposal of Iran-backed terror groups in Syria and Lebanon.
- The system is set to be tested in six months’ time at an undisclosed location in northern Israel.
- If the interception test is successful, the laser-based system will be dispatched for field use along Israel’s border with the Gaza Strip.
- The technological development will enable the long-range targeting and stabilization of laser beams, allowing them to intercept targets at great distances.
India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant likely to be commissioned by 2021
The manufacturing of the country’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant is currently under phase three.
- It is likely to be commissioned by early 2021.
- This carrier is being built at the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) in Kochi.
- Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh on December 3 had said that Vikrant will be fully operational by 2022 and it will have a fleet of MiG-29K aircraft.
Access to Internet is a fundamental right
The Supreme Court has declared access to the internet a fundamental right.
- A government cannot deprive the citizens of fundamental rights except under certain conditions explicitly mentioned in the Constitution.
- The ruling came on hearing of a plea in connection with Internet blockade in Jammu and Kashmir since August 5 in the view of revoking of Article 370 in the Union Territory.
- Indian constitution makes the right to freedom of speech and expression a fundamental right for all citizens. It has been listed in Article 19 (1)(a) of the Constitution.
Famous chariot festival of Suchindram Thanumalayan Temple started in Tamil Nadu
The famous chariot festival of the Suchindram Thanumalayan Temple, the southernmost major temple in Tamilnadu, is being held with great camaraderie and devotion.
- The ten-day annual festival is held in the Tamil month falling in December – January.
- The temple is especially significant because it is sacred to both the Shaivite as well as Vaishnavite sects.
- This 17th-century temple is famous for its architectural grandeur.
- There is an Anjaneya statue, which is 22 feet tall and is carved out of a single granite block. It is said to be one of the tallest statues of its type in India.
Eight North-Eastern states to participate in the Madhavpur Mela of Gujarat in Apri
The eight States of the Northern Eastern Region will participate in a big way during the Madhavpur Mela of Gujarat due to be held in the first week of April this year.
- The annual fair is held at Madhavpur Ghed in Porbandar district and the Mela this year will commence on 2nd April, a day after the Ram Navami festival.
- The Madhavpur Mela of Gujarat shares its connection to the Mishmi Tribe of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The week-long ‘Utsav’ will see a vibrant cultural trail of art, dance, music, poetry, story-telling and folk drama from Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and other North-Eastern States with the aim to integrate the rich cultures of the two regions.
Andhra Pradesh Government signs MoU with German firm KFW for Zero Budget Natural Farming
The Andhra Pradesh Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the representatives of a German firm, KFW for `Zero Budget Natural Farming’ (ZBNF).
- As part of the agreement that intends to scale up the ongoing project with the German firm, the government has taken a loan of Rs 711 crores out of the estimated amount of Rs 1015 crore earmarked to be spent towards the climate-resilient, ZBNF.
- The YS Jaganmohan Reddy led-State government will spend Rs 304 crore on the project.
- The project is aimed to cover 2.39 lakh farmers in around 600 village panchayats and promote natural farming.
- Zero Budget Natural Farming, as the name implies, is a method of farming where the cost of growing and harvesting plants is zero.
- This means that farmers need not purchase fertilizers and pesticides in order to ensure the healthy growth of crops.
Pulses Conclave to be held in Lonavala
India Pulses and Grains Association (IPGA), the nodal body for the country’s pulses trade and industry on announced that the fifth edition The Pulses Conclave, will be held from February 12-14in Lonavala, Maharashtra.
- IPGA expects close to 1500 trade stakeholders from India and key pulses exporting countries like USA, Australia, Canada, Myanmar, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, Mozambique, Malawi.
- The conference aims at increasing exports, processing efficiencies, protein extraction, value addition and post-harvest management.
SBI lowers GDP estimates to 4.6% in FY20 from 5%
The SBI lowered the economic growth forecast to 4.6% from the earlier 5%.
- The latest SBI Ecowrap report even predicted growth rate to remain below 6 percent for the two years in a row.
- The SBI Research Desk stated that factors like government expenditure are the key factors in determining the overall growth outlook for FY20.
Hudco appoints M Nagaraj as Chairman, Managing Director
State-owned Housing and Urban Development Corporation (Hudco) said that M Nagaraj has been appointed the company’s Chairman and Managing Director.
- Nagaraj is also Director (Corporate Planning) of the company
- He has experience of around 28 years in a multitude of sectors such as housing, infrastructure finance, skill development and microfinance in the social sector, and international trading.
- Hudco provides loans for housing and urban infrastructure projects.
Sakthivel takes over as AEPC India Chairman
Apparel Export Promotion Council of India (AEPC) said it has appointed A Sakthivel as the new chairman of the organisation.
- Sakthivel said the industry had been struggling to survive and the exports growth were stagnant.
- Sakthivel along with some exporters had founded Tirupur Exporters Association in 1990.
If you like this post, then do not forget to share it with Facebook, WhatsApp on your friends. To get the new post notifications first, subscribe to our website by pressing the red colored icon. Website subscription is absolutely free. If you subscribe to our website then you will receive the first post information on your phone and your computer first. So now no longer be able to subscribe to our website by pressing on the Bell icon. Must also like our facebook page.
All PDF which are provided here are for Education purposes only. Please utilize them for building your knowledge and don’t make them Commercial. We request you to respect our Hard Work. We are Providing Everything Free Here. sarkariguides.com Will Not Charge Any Cost For Any Service Here.
If you are new to UPSC field, We recommend you to know about UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains and UPSC Optionals and Test Series [Prelims/Mains] and also Magazine for better Understanding. All our Advertisements are Decent ads [we don’t compromise in the Quality] and if anyone have any problem with website or advertisements please contact me [email protected]gmail.com
Sarkariguides.com does not own this book, neither created nor scanned. we just providing the links already available on Internet. if any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly contact us. Thank you.