Current Affairs 2nd January 2020 in English – Download Daily, Monthly & Yearly Current Affairs in PDF for preparation of Banking Exams, SSC Exams, Railway, UPSC, IAS/PCS , RAS Exams And Other Competitive Exams.
Current Affairs is an important section of UPSC, Banking, SSC and Railways exams and aspirants who are preparing for the upcoming exams in 2020 must be well prepare with this section.
The current affairs are made by our experts for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, IAS, Railway-RRB, UPPSC, UKPSC, TNPSC, MPPSC & Other State Government Exams and latest Current Affairs 2nd January 2020 in English for banking exams SBI PO Clerk, IBPS PO Clerk, RBI, RRB and more. Keep reading current affairs and GK facts updated on a daily & monthly basis on this page. Stay aware about the recent happenings in the country and across the globe and equip your preparation for upcoming govt. exams.
Current Affairs 2nd January 2020 in English
Swarna Jayanti Fellowships Awarded
Swarna Jayanti Fellowships have been awarded to 14 Scientists associated with projects containing innovative research idea and with the potential of making an impact on R&D in the respective disciplines.
The Swarna Jayanti Fellowships scheme was instituted by Government of India to commemorate India’s fiftieth year of independence.
Palau : 1st Nation To Ban ‘Reef Toxic’ Sun Cream
- The Pacific nation of Palau has become the 1st country to ban sun cream that is harmful to corals and sea life.
- From 1 Jan 2020, sun cream that includes common ingredients, including oxybenzone, was not allowed to be worn or sold in the country.
- A lagoon in Palau’s Rock Islands is a Unesco World Heritage site.
- The country has a population of around 20,000 dotted across hundreds of islands.
ISRO To Set Up Second Launch Port
- ISRO will establish a second launch port in Thoothukodi district in Tamilnadu exclusively to launch small satellite launch vehicles.
- This will come upon 2300 acres of land.
- The Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota is the first launch port of ISRO.
- The new centre will be initially meant for missions involving launching small satellites and small satellite launch vehicles.
Krishi Karman Awards presented
- PM Narendra Modi distributed Krishi Karman Awards and Commendation Awards to states at a public meeting in Tumkur Karnataka on 2 Jan 2020.
- He also gave away Agriculture Minister’s Krishi Karman Awards for Progressive Farmers.
- The event also witnessed the release of the 3rd instalment of PM Kisan (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) of Rs 2000 for the period December 2019-March 2020.
- Air Marshal Vibhas Pande VSM has taken over as Air Officer-in-Charge Maintenance of Indian Air Force with effect from 1 Jan 2020. He was commissioned as Aeronautical Engineer in IAF in Aug 1984.
- Air Marshal MSG Menon VSM took over as Air Officer-in-Charge Administration of Indian Air Force with effect from 1 Jan 2020. He was commissioned in Administrative branch of IAF in Dec 1982.
Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020 rescheduled
- PM Narendra Modi’s interaction programme Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020 has been rescheduled to 20 Jan 2020.
- The programme was earlier scheduled for 16th Jan 2020.
- The HRD Ministry in partnership with MyGov has launched a ‘short essay’ competition for students of classes 9 to 12 for the 3rd edition of the programme.
- The first edition was held on 16 Feb 2018, while the 2nd on 29 Jan 2019.
Delhi Metro trains got free Wi-Fi
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) launched free Wi-Fi facility on Airport Express Line on 2 Jan 2020.
- This is the first time Delhi Metro is providing WiFi services in moving trains.
- The Delhi airport metro line was launched in 2011, through a partnership with Reliance Infrastructure.
- Delhi Metro first launched ‘Free Wi-Fi’ facilities at six metro stations on Airport Express Line in 2016.
Umaro Cissoko elected Guinea-Bissau President
- Former Guinea-Bissau PM Umaro Cissoko Embalo has been elected President.
- He beat rival Domingos Simoes Pereira by about 54% to 46%.
- He will replace the incumbent President Jose Mario Vaz.
- Jose Mario Vaz got just 12 per cent of the vote in the November first-round amid widespread allegations of corruption and political infighting.
National Green Corps scheme revived in J&K
- The National Green Corps scheme, which was closed for over a decade, has been revived for Jammu and Kashmir.
- Under this scheme, the Pollution Control Board (PCB) would provide financial assistance to 3,742 Eco Clubs of registered schools in both the regions of the UT.
- The Environment and Forests Ministry has approved the release of Grant-in-Aid of 2.60 crore rupees to J&K PCB.
Amit Shah dedicated campus of NFSC in Nagpur
- In Maharashtra, Union Home Minister Amit Shah dedicated the new campus of National Fire Service College (NFSC) in Nagpur on 2 Jan 2020.
- He also laid the foundation stone of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) academy.
- In the same function organised at National Fire Service College, he conferred the 15 President’s fire service medal for gallantry.
UIDAI opened 28 new Aadhaar Seva Kendras
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has opened 28 Aadhaar Seva Kendras as part of its plan to open 114 Aadhaar Enrolments and Update Centres across the country.
- These are in addition to about 38,000 Aadhaar enrolment centres run by Banks, Post Offices and State Governments.
- These Aadhaar Seva Kendras have a capacity to handle up to 1,000 enrollments and requests per day.
TRAI amended new regulatory framework
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, TRAI has made amendments to the new regulatory framework for cable and broadcasting services with a view to protect the consumer interests.
- Under it, cable TV users will be able to access more channels at lower subion price.
- The Authority has also capped at 160 rupees the amount consumers will have to pay monthly for all free to air channels.
RBI launched a mobile app
- RBI has launched a mobile app, MANI, Mobile Aided Note Identifier, to help visually challenged people to identify the denomination of currency notes.
- The app, which is available both on Android and iOS operating systems, was launched by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das in Mumbai on 1 Jan 2020.
- The app can also work offline once it is installed.
EC launched a System
- The Election Commission has launched a Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System to enable applicants to track the status of the applications.
- The new norms have come into force from 1 Jan 2020.
- Under it, applicants, applying for the party registration from 1 Jan 2020 will be able to track the progress of applications and will get the status through SMS and e-mail.
Gujarat Govt formed a Samiti
- Gujarat Govt has formed Akhil Bharatiya Gujarati Samaj Sankalan Samiti with CM Vijay Rupani as chief patron.
- It is formed with an aim to include Gujaratis living outside the state in the state’s development process.
- It will meet twice a year – once in Gujarat and next time in another state – to discuss with the State Govt the preservation and promotion of the heritage of Gujarat.
PM Modi on a 2-day visit to Karnataka
- PM Narendra Modi is on a two-day visit to Karnataka on January 2-3, 2020.
- On the first day of his tour, he took part in the Krishi award function in Tumkuru Junior College grounds.
- He handed over the Krishi Karman Award to 21 states.
- He will inaugurate the 107th National Science Congress in the University of Agricultural Sciences in Bengaluru on 3 Jan 2020.
MS Dhoni picked captain of ESPN Cricinfo’s ODI
- MS Dhoni was picked as captain of ESPN Cricinfo’s ODI and T20 teams of the decade, while Virat Kohli was named the leader in Tests, on 1 Jan 2020.
- Mithali Raj and fast bowler Jhulan Goswami were named in the same women’s team picked for both the ODIs and T20s.
- Kuldeep Yadav, and Yuzvendra Chahal, were the only other Indians to make the Test XI, which also featured England’s, Alastair Cook.
Person in News
- Vinod Kumar Yadav has assumed the charge of Chairman, Railway Board after being reappointed. The Appointments Committee of Cabinet approved his reappointment. Prior to this, he had worked as General Manager, South Central Railway.
- Director-General, All India Radio, F. Sheheryar has retired from service. He took the charge as DG in 2014. He joined the Indian Broadcasting Service in 1981.
4 IAF personnel selected for Gaganyaan Mission
- 4 airmen from Indian Air Force have been identified for India’s first manned mission to space, Gaganyan.
- They will undergo astronauts’ training in Russia from the third week of January 2020.
- Gaganyan is planned to be launched in 2022 as announced by the Prime Minister.
- Chandrayan-3 mission has also been approved by the Government, which will be launched without an orbiter.
If you like this post, then do not forget to share it with Facebook, WhatsApp on your friends. To get the new post notifications first, subscribe to our website by pressing the red colored icon icon. Website subscription is absolutely free. If you subscribe to our website then you will receive the first post information on your phone and your computer first. So now no longer be able to subscribe to our website by pressing on the Bell icon. Must also like our facebook page.
All PDF which are provided here are for Education purposes only. Please utilize them for building your knowledge and don’t make them Commercial. We request you to respect our Hard Work. We are Providing Everything Free Here. sarkariguides.com Will Not Charge Any Cost For Any Service Here.
If you are new to UPSC field, We recommend you to know about UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains and UPSC Optionals and Test Series [Prelims/Mains] and also Magazine for better Understanding. All our Advertisements are Decent ads [we don’t compromise in the Quality] and if anyone have any problem with website or advertisements please contact me email@example.com
Sarkariguides.com does not own this book, neither created nor scanned. we just providing the links already available on Internet. if any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly contact us. Thank you.