Current Affairs 3rd January 2020 in English – Download Daily, Monthly & Yearly Current Affairs in PDF for preparation of Banking Exams, SSC Exams, Railway, UPSC, IAS/PCS , RAS Exams And Other Competitive Exams.
Current Affairs is an important section of UPSC, Banking, SSC and Railways exams and aspirants who are preparing for the upcoming exams in 2020 must be well prepare with this section.
Current Affairs 3rd January 2020 in English
Ring of Hydrogen Gas Discovered in Galaxy
- A team of astronomers at the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA) in Pune, India have discovered a mysterious ring of hydrogen gas around a distant galaxy.
- Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT) was used to discover it.
- The ring is much bigger than the galaxy it surrounds and has a diameter of about 380,000 light-years (about 4 times that of our Milky Way).
Nepal launches Visit Nepal Year 2020 campaign
- President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari launched Visit Nepal Year 2020 campaign amidst a spectacular ceremony held at historic Dasaratha Rangashala in Kathmandu.
- The ambitious campaign aims to promote tourism in Nepal and attract 2 million tourists during the year 2020.
- The government has made a goal of making tourism one of the critical pillars of the Nepali economy.
2020 designated as Year of Nurse and Midwife
- World Health Organization (WHO) designated 2020 as the Year of the Nurse and the Midwife.
- It is done to honor the 200th birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale.
- WHO is the collaborating partner in the three-year Nursing Now Campaign (2018–2020).
- The main objective of the campaign is to improve health globally by raising the status and profile of nursing.
Sai Deepak sets new Guinness World Records
- B Sai Deepak set a Guinness World Records for most side lunges in 60 seconds.
- Deepak scripted the record by making 59 side lunges in 60 seconds which is his fourth overall Guinness World Records.
- The previous record was held by Pakistan national Irfan Mehsood.
SEBI’s Executive Director: Babita Rayudu
- G Babita Rayudu took charge as the executive director of SEBI.
- Rayudu will handle the legal affairs department, enforcement department, and special enforcement cell.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the Regulator for the Securities market in India owned by the Government of India.
- It was founded on 2 April 1992.
5th IHAI National Ice Hockey Championship
- The 5th Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) National Ice Hockey Championship – 2020 begun in Leh on 3rd January 2020.
- The tournament will continue till 7th January in Karzoo Ice Hockey Rink in Leh.
- The Army, Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Maharashtra and home team Ladakh are fighting in the boys’ category.
- Similarly, in Girls category Ladakh, Maharashtra, Delhi and Chandigarh are playing.
Maharashtra launches ‘Cyber Safe Women’
- Maharashtra Government has launched a ‘Cyber Safe Women’ initiative under which awareness camps will be held across all the districts of the state regarding cyber safety.
- The initiative will help in educating women about how the web is used by anti-social elements and child predators to commit various types of crimes.
- Maharastra Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray.
New Delhi World Book Fair 2019
- Human Resources Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal will inaugurate the 28th edition of annual New Delhi World Book Fair at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- The book fair organised by National Book Trust will be held from January 4 to 12 in the national capital.
- As part of Mahatma Gandhiji’s 150 birth anniversary celebrations, the theme of this year is ‘Gandhi: The Writers’ Writer’.
Hillary Clinton appointed chancellor of QUB
- Hillary Clinton is appointed as the new chancellor of Queen’s University, Belfast (QUB).
- The former US secretary of state is the university’s 11th chancellor and the first woman to take up the post.
- She took her role immediately and will serve for a period of five years, succeeding Dr Tom Moran – who died last year.
Suresh Chandra Sharma: First chief of NMC
- The chief of Delhi AIIMS’ ENT head-neck surgery department, Professor Suresh Chandra Sharma, was appointed as the first chairman of the National Medical Commission (NMC).
- NMC is the new medical education regulator which replaced the Medical Council of India.
- Rakesh Kumar Vats, the secretary-general in the board of governors of the MCI has been appointed as the secretary of the Commission.
Festival ‘Lai Haraoba’ begins in Tripura
- In Tripura, Lai Haraoba, a ritualistic festival observed by Manipuri meitei communities since ancient times, began in Agartala.
- The festival aims to uphold tradition and cultural values of the Meitei community.
- Lai Haraoba is celebrated through oral literature, music, dance and rituals.
India ranks among top ten in CCPI
- India for the first time ranked among the top ten in the Climate Change Performance Index.
- Government aims to increase the share of non-fossil fuels to 175 GigaWatt by 2022 and further take it to 450 GW.
- India is among the few countries in the world where forest cover is consistently increasing.
- The total forest and tree cover rises to over 24% of the total geographical area of the Country.
Gold cards to be issued under Ayushman Bharat
- According to Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Ashwini Kumar Choubey, two to three crore premium Gold cards will be issued under the Central Government’s flagship Ayushman Bharat scheme.
- Gold cardholders will be able to avail free medical services in hospitals anywhere in the country.
- Nine new medical colleges are being started in Tamilnadu.
Modi disburses 12,000 crore rupees to farmers
- In Karnataka, Prime Minister Narendra Modi electronically released 12,000 crore rupees under Pradhan Mantri Samaan Yojana to six crore farmers in Tumakuru.
- Under the Scheme income support of Rs.6000 per year is provided to all farmer families.
- The fishermen of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka were also given deep sea fishing boats and transponders that will help them to navigate in the deep sea.
‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme
- Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan has said that ”One Nation One Ration Card” scheme has been implemented in 12 states.
- The 12 states are Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Tripura, and Jharkhand.
- Under this scheme, beneficiaries can buy subsidised food grains from ration shops in any of these 12 states.
Manipur implements Inner Line Permit in state
- Manipur state government implemented the Inner Line Permit (ILP) regime from January 1 in the entire state and the authorities have begun issuing the document.
- Any non-indigenous or non-permanent resident of Manipur will have to obtain ILP, which is an official travel document, to visit the state.
- Outside travellers to Nagaland, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh are also required to obtain ILP.
Iranian, Iraqi commanders killed in air strike
- Iranian Major-General Qassem Soleimani, head of elite Quds Force, and Iraqi militia commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis were killed in an air strike, ordered by US President Donald Trump, on their convoy at Baghdad International Airport.
- The rockets landed near air cargo terminal, burning two vehicles.
- The strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans.
PM lays foundation stone for memorial museum
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for a memorial museum of Shri Shri Shivakumar Swamiji in Tumkuru.
- This was done during his visit to the Shri Siddhaganga Mutt in Tumkuru, Karnataka.
- Shivakumar Swamiji was an Indian supercentenarian, humanitarian, spiritual leader and educator who joined the Siddaganga Matha in 1930 Karnataka and became head seer from 1941.
Railway launches integrated Helpline number
- Indian Railway has integrated railway helplines into single number 139.
- It will overcome the inconvenience over multiple helpline numbers for grievances and enquiry during railway travel.
- This will help passengers for quick grievance redressal and enquiry during their journey.
- New helpline number 139 will take over all the existing helpline numbers except 182.
If you like this post, then do not forget to share it with Facebook, WhatsApp on your friends. To get the new post notifications first, subscribe to our website by pressing the red colored icon icon. Website subscription is absolutely free. If you subscribe to our website then you will receive the first post information on your phone and your computer first. So now no longer be able to subscribe to our website by pressing on the Bell icon. Must also like our facebook page.
All PDF which are provided here are for Education purposes only. Please utilize them for building your knowledge and don’t make them Commercial. We request you to respect our Hard Work. We are Providing Everything Free Here. sarkariguides.com Will Not Charge Any Cost For Any Service Here.
If you are new to UPSC field, We recommend you to know about UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains and UPSC Optionals and Test Series [Prelims/Mains] and also Magazine for better Understanding. All our Advertisements are Decent ads [we don’t compromise in the Quality] and if anyone have any problem with website or advertisements please contact me email@example.com
Sarkariguides.com does not own this book, neither created nor scanned. we just providing the links already available on Internet. if any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly contact us. Thank you.