Current Affairs 7 January 2020 in English – Download Daily, Monthly & Yearly Current Affairs in PDF for preparation of Banking Exams, SSC Exams, Railway, UPSC, IAS/PCS , RAS Exams And Other Competitive Exams.
Today Current Affairs 7 January 2020 in English PDF
Iran designates US forces as ‘terrorists’
- Iran’s Parliament passed a bill designating all United States forces as terrorists.
- This came after the killing of a top Iranian military commander in a US strike.
- Qasem Soleimani, the popular Head of the Revolutionary Guards’ foreign operations arm, was killed in a US drone strike outside Baghdad airport.
Innovation Awards Presentation Ceremony
- Innovation Awards Presentation Ceremony will be held on the 8th of January 2020.
- These awards will be conferred at the 12th edition of Global Intellectual Property Convention in New Delhi.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and former Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu will be the chief guests at the event.
- More than 500 delegates from about 25 countries will participate in 3 day conference. Current Affairs 7 January 2020 in English PDF
3-day National Traders Convention in Delhi
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the three-day National Traders Convention at Ramlila Maidan in New Delhi on 6th January.
- The convention has been organised by Confederation of All India Traders and will deliberate upon various issues concerning traders.
- It will deliberate upon various trade-related issues and the future strategy will be decided for their solution.
2nd round of Mission Indradhanush- 2
- The second phase of Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 rolled out on 6 January 2020 at block level in 35 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- The aim of the program launched by central government in 2017 is to achieve 90% vaccination coverage in children of less than 2 years in state.
- Under the program around 66 thousand sessions will be organized for vaccination of more than 5.5 lakh children.
Bhubaneswar to host Khelo India Univ Games
- The 1st edition of Khelo India University Games will be held at the KIIT University in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- They will be held from February 22 to March 1, 2020.
- These Games will be held in 17 different disciplines namely archery, athletics, boxing, fencing, judo, swimming, weight-lifting, wrestling, badminton, basketball, football, hockey, table tennis, tennis, volleyball, rugby and kabaddi.
Shivalik Mercantile Co-op. Bank to become SFB
- The RBI has granted “in-principle” approval to Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank Limited for the transition into a Small Finance Bank (SFB).
- The transition into an SFB will be under the “Scheme on the voluntary transition of Urban Co-operative Bank into a Small Finance Bank”.
- The RBI had come with a scheme on the voluntary transition of UCBs into SFB on September 27, 2018.
Kochi to host ASCEND 2020
- Kochi, Kerala will host the Global Investors Meet: ASCEND 2020.
- ASCEND 2020 will showcase 18 mega projects with over Rs 100 crore investment each and offering direct employment to over 9,000 people.
- The meet will be organised by the Industries Department.
- The Invest Kerala Portal: “invest.kerala.gov.in” will also be showcased at the meet.
Uber ties up with Hyundai
- Uber Technologies Inc and automaker Hyundai Motor have teamed up to develop electric air taxis.
- The partnership aims to make small self-flying cars to ease urban congestion.
- The team is heading towards a goal of launching Uber Air by 2023 and urban air mobility service in 2028.
- Hyundai is the first carmaker to join Uber’s air taxi project.
CISF to observe 2020 as ‘year of mobility’
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) will observe 2020 as the ‘year of mobility’.
- It will have a special focus on the creation of more residential units and the implementation of various welfare measures for the troops.
- In 2020, the CISF will aim at creating an infrastructure for their families.
- It will also aim at focusing on sports and physical fitness leveraging modern gadgetry.
ISRO’s astronaut training hub
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has proposed Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) at Challakere in Chitradurga district of Karnataka.
- The facility is expected to become operational in 3 years.
- ISRO aims to establish a self-contained training facility.
- At present, astronauts part of Gaganyaan Mission, the Human Spaceflight Programme of ISRO are trained in Russia.
RBI buys & sells bonds worth ₹10k crore each
- In the third special open market operation (OMO), the RBI bought ₹10,000 crores of three long-term securities and sold the same amount of three short-term bonds.
- Earlier RBI had announced to simultaneous purchase and sale of G-Secs under OMOs for ₹10,000 crores each.
- OMO is an activity by a central bank to give (or take) liquidity in its currency to (or from) a bank or a group of banks.
India exports 3.2 million bales of cotton
- India exported 3.2 million bales of cotton during the first quarter of the cotton year that began on October 1.
- It is according to the trade body Cotton Association of India (CAI).
- CAI is engaged in providing a wide range of services to the entire cotton value chain since its incorporation in 1921.
RBI allows 24×7 forex market options
- The Reserve Bank of India said select banks in India can offer forex rates to Indian clients beyond the inter-bank market hours.
- These banks currently run from 9 am to 5 pm.
- In effect, this opens up the forex market in India round the clock, allowing Indians to hedge their foreign exchange risks at any time of the day.
- RBI governor – Shaktikanta Das.
New Advisor to J&K LG appointed
- Former Director-General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar has been appointed as Advisor to the Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- With this, the Lieutenant Governor of J&K Union Territory will have three Advisors.
- The other two Advisors: KK Sharma and Farooq Khan were appointed on November 14, 2019.
Foundation stone of Delhi Cycle Walk laid
- Union Home Minister, Amit Shah has laid the foundation stone of Delhi Cycle Walk project.
- The project will be installed at Tughlakabad in the National Capital New Delhi.
- The project aims to make the city most walkable and environment-friendly.
- Delhi Cycle Walk will have a network of over 220 km.
Magesh Chandran won 95th Hastings Chess title
- India’s P Magesh Chandran won the title in the 95th edition of the prestigious Hastings International Chess Congress at Hastings in England.
- France’s Romain Edouard, who was the only player to end the tournament, took the second spot.
- Magesh, the 36-year old Grand Master with a FIDE rating of 2479, remained unbeaten and finished first with 7.5 points from 9 games.
NSE Knowledge Hub inaugurated
- The Union Minister of Commerce and Industries inaugurated the National Stock Exchange (NSE) Knowledge Hub in New Delhi.
- The NSE Knowledge Hub is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered learning ecosystem that will assist the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector.
- The Knowledge Hub will fill in these gaps and help the financial sector to move into the future.
Kochi is hosting MECOS-3
- Kochi is hosting the global meet on the marine ecosystem, MECOS-3.
- The 3rd international symposium on marine ecosystems – challenges and opportunities (MECOS-3) is being held from 7-10 January 2020.
- It is organized by the Marine Biological Association of India.
- It will serve as a platform to hold discussions on various topics, including the impact of the climate crisis on marine ecosystems.
Odishi veteran Minati Mishra passes away
- Eminent Odishi dancer and Padma Shri awardee Minati Mishra passed away in Switzerland.
- A recipient of Odisha Sangeet Natak Akademi award for 1975, Minati received the Padma award in 2012.
- Besides, Minati acted in five Odia films.
- She was also an A Grade artist at AIR and a recipient of the Sangeet Prabhakar title for Hindustani vocal music.
If you like this post, then do not forget to share it with Facebook, WhatsApp on your friends. To get the new post notifications first, subscribe to our website by pressing the red colored icon icon. Website subscription is absolutely free. If you subscribe to our website then you will receive the first post information on your phone and your computer first. So now no longer be able to subscribe to our website by pressing on the Bell icon. Must also like our facebook page.
All PDF which are provided here are for Education purposes only. Please utilize them for building your knowledge and don’t make them Commercial. We request you to respect our Hard Work. We are Providing Everything Free Here. sarkariguides.com Will Not Charge Any Cost For Any Service Here.
If you are new to UPSC field, We recommend you to know about UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains and UPSC Optionals and Test Series [Prelims/Mains] and also Magazine for better Understanding. All our Advertisements are Decent ads [we don’t compromise in the Quality] and if anyone have any problem with website or advertisements please contact me [email protected]gmail.com
Sarkariguides.com does not own this book, neither created nor scanned. we just providing the links already available on Internet. if any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly contact us. Thank you.